Friday, November 16, 2007

Happy Birthday John!

This blog post is a tribute to my husband on his 53rd birthday! John is a wonderful, dedicated husband, father and grandpa. He is a very consciencious, hard-working man and a friend to so many. I am so grateful to God that He brought us together almost 17 years ago. It has been an interesting ride, to say the least. I have learned so much from him. I don't know of anyone with a deeper faith or more integrity than John. I am blessed to be his wife.
Last weekend we did some celebrating with family. On Saturday night we went to dinner with John's family. We met at Papa Vino's and had an incredible meal, served family style. On Sunday afternoon, we had dinner with our children and grandchildren. We had a turkey with all the trimmings because on Thanksgiving Day we will be in Washington DC celebrating with Amy, Tristan and Stella. John received many beautiful cards and gifts from the kids and it was a beautiful day.
I want to wish him a very happy birthday and pray the year ahead will be full of "mercy drops".
If anyone deserves it, he does.



Nicholas, Grandpa, Joy, Andrew and Arianna. It takes alot of hot air to blow out the candles.

Arianna was laughing so hard she was crying over the musical card she gave her grandpa.

Chase was reading the birthday card he got for Grandpa. He sure does a good job!
John's sister Cory and her husband Bob
John's sister Jayne and her husband Bob John's brother Pete and his wife Judy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN! You are a wonderful brother-in-law and we admire you for being such a wise and caring man! Sounds mushy, but it's true. You are a treasured gift to our family!
Sending love from TC -
Joan and Bill

Anonymous said...

Dear John: Happy birthday to one of my dear sons-in-law. I really mean that---and just want you to know that I raised Denise to be the wonderful wife and mother she is. (inside joke) Wishing you many more happy, healthy years.
ou love MOM and RICHARD

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY J.D.!! I don't like to pay you too many compliments because I'd hate to see your head swell, but I must say - you are a real treasure. My sister is blessed to have you as her husband. We all love you to pieces!! Your favorite sister-in-law Marve (of course, you only have one, thank goodness, huh?)

Lia said...

Happy Birthday DAD!! You are an amazing Dad, Grandpa, Husband, and Friend to all those around you. Sorry we missed the big birthday party! We will be home soon!!! Can not wait! Keep smiling! and may God bless this new year as you have been such a blessing to all of us!! Maddie and Alex send hugs and kisses and Birthday wishes (me too). LOVE YOU TONS!!

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

I forgot to mention - Ariana has quite an assortment of teeth there, doesn't she? Some day, when they are all in and all the same size, she'll look back and laugh at that picture. Love ya! Marv

Anonymous said...

Good words.