Saturday, October 13, 2007

I've been tagged - 3 Times!

Okay, I'm it I guess. Michelle, Katie and Lia have tagged me. Just when I was thinking I'm not really very good at this blog thing and I might give it up, I've been pushed to post. I know why they tagged me.
1) to get me to post on my blog
2) because they want the world to know my middle name
Well, I am not ashamed of my middle name and I will gladly share it with all who will read this, but first of all, I must pass on the rules of this game.

1) You have to post these rules before you give the facts
2) You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3) At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog for the rules.

My middle name is Gay. My mother always told me it meant happy and that she and dad were so happy when I was born that they decided to name me Denise Gay. This world has somehow given this name a derogatory connotation. Oh well, John didn't always mean "John" either.

G - Gay. No, no, like that. Webster defines gay as:
gay [gey] adjective, -er, -est, noun, adverb –adjective
1.having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music.
2.bright or showy: gay colors; gay ornaments.
3.given to or abounding in social or other pleasures: a gay social season.
(If you want to see the rest of the definition, you'll have to check Webster yourself)
A - Active. I am active at home, at work, with my family, at church and with school activities. I have also been actively exercising lately, trying to lose the pounds I put on this past year.
Y - Young at heart. I have always felt young for my age and yet I think I'm the oldest mom
of Johnny's friends parents (does that make sense?) Oh well, the old saying is true that you're as young as you feel and I pray God continues to bless me with good health and I thank Him for my loving husband, children and grandchildren who keep me young.

Now, I tag La Familia Magee, Just News from Joan and Laiya. Have Fun! You're It!

6 comments:

Sonny Huisman said...

It's good to see you posting again . . .

If the goal is to have at least one post a month, you've almost done it! We missed you in September! Tee Hee!

Katie said...

Well you did a much better job coming up with things then I did :)

Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

good job mom! Glad to see you are back to blogging.....now keep up with it....

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Well, it's about time you posted!! Glad you got tagged! I've been tagged too, but I'm not as creative with words as you are. So happy to know that you are so happy (or should I say 'gay'?). Love ya! Marv

Anonymous said...

Finally! :) Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back in the blogging world :) You live up to your middle name in all the right ways!
Love!