Sunday, October 28, 2007

Our Short but Sweet Trip to Florida

Cher's sweet dog, Mitzi


Cher and her puppy, Mitzi



Mom and Rich in the pool



Rich, Mom, Denise and John by the restaurant on Anna Maria Island



Mother sharing her dessert with Rich



A week ago, John and I were in Florida visiting my mom and Rich. We had such a wonderful time so I wanted to share some photos with you.
We left on Thursday, the 18th and flew from GR to Tampa. We spent most of the day in airports and airplanes. By the time we got to Tampa, we were tired and hungry. We ate at one of our favorite restaurants, Sweet Tomatoes (Thanks Dan and Michelle!) and checked in to the Country Inn at 6:30 pm. We watched an in room movie and then slept 12 hours! It was great!
On Friday morning, we left Tampa and went South to the famous Outlet Mall. We spent most of the day there, where John went on his semi-annual shopping spree. It was fun to see him shop. Each time he went to the restroom, he came out wearing something new!
When we were finished there, we drove to Mom and Rich's house, our home away from home! The greatest accomodations anywhere! They are always so welcoming and fun to be with. We enjoyed some great meals at "The Club", breakfast on Anna Marie Island, golf, swimming and lots of R & R. We arrived back home late Tuesday night and were well rested, which was a good thing, because there was much to do when we got home!
Thanks to Mom and Rich for the much needed respite. We love you both!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Nice to see you did another post. Aunt Cher's dog cracks me up in that first picture :) Glad you had a good time - you guys deserve it!

Lia said...

The first picture looks scary - Yes as Katie said it is nice to see you do another post - for some reason I was expecting trees?!? Not sure why - I think we talked about it. Anyway I am glad you had a good time. It looks like Grandma and Grandpa are doing good as well. Sending my love

joan b. said...

Glad you could get away for a bit - looks like you had some nice, relaxing moments. The restaurant at the beach had to be the Sand Bar, right? It's always a favorite place for us when we're down there. Glad to see Cher looks so well :) See you tomorrow....I love you!

Anonymous said...

good to see you make your monthly post. :) Glad you had a nice trip.....

Anonymous said...

Happy to know that you had a good time, I think we enjoy it more than you do. My family is always welcome, I think you are due back in February and Bill and Joan in April--the room ins available, and the rates are low. Love to all, MOM

Marva's "Marvalous" Memories said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I agree - you can't beat the accommodations, but I bet it wasn't as fun as when the three of us girls sleep in the big bed together, was it?? Love ya! Marv

Michelle said...

Looks like a good time. Just you and Dad, no kids or grandkids. Were you bored? Did you turn off your cell phone like Dad asked?

Glad you had some time together, and with G&G Zeeff.

Anonymous said...

Just checking your site again - every time that first picture pops up it scares me out of my wits!